Friday, March 9, 2012

Sleeping In


Before I go to bed, I use my Daily Mood Calendar (teehees, thank you Tahia!) to block the brightness of my alarm clock. I'm kind of weird in that I have HUGE issues sleeping, especially with light glaring from the alarm clock. Or perhaps it's just the frustration of seeing it get later and later in the night that keeps me awake even LATER. Regardless, I almost never sleep completely through the night.
So, due to me hiding my alarm clock, I usually put my iPod touch on the bedside table so I can check the time when I wake up. Because when the alarm goes off, I usually lie in bed for a while and it's nice to be able to check the time without getting up.

SO with that superlong and almost unrelated prelude:
Today I woke up, reached beside me for my iPod to find that it wasn't there. :( BUTBUTBUT this is because I have absolutely nothing scheduled today. It was completely up to my own discretion as to when to get up! And usually I feel guilty if it's after a certain hour and I'm still in bed. But without my iPod there to tell me the time, I felt completely at ease just conking out again!

When I finally decided that i'd been a lifeless lump for long enough, it was past 11 in the morning.

Sleeping in is a lot better without worries or guilt.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment