Saturday, April 14, 2012

Flashbacks / acting like a kid again


Today, I attempted to study on the kitchen table, since with STATS (GRRRR) I have an absolute shitstorm of notes that I need to sort through AKA need MOAR SPACE.
In my super tired/hadnt even really started studying/agony I decided to lie down across 2 chairs.
This was my typical lazy/mischievous Emily technique when I was little. I would be at the kitchen table refusing to eat my vegetables or w.e. and just lie across more chairs and stare at the bottom of our kitchen table.
It's actually very interesting. It has different areas where it has been painted/finished and various parts that are kind of "lazy" looking (as in they didnt bother to polish it up). There's also something scrawled across the length of it, but the legs are in the way, so I cant really read it. :(
I guess what struck me the most, was that familiar (awkward?) position. It made me feel like I was 7 again- running my hands along the bottom of the table and feeling the different textures and edges. I wish I could have stayed under there forever. Hide from it all.
Side note: It made me smile while I was under there, but I guess this is kind of a bummer-post with a weird downer tone to it.

KEEP ON TREKKING!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment